Service Terms & Conditions
HAPPY PAWS - PetCare is referred to as “HAPPY PAWS - PetCare, We, Our, or Us” and clients are referred to as “Clients, You, or Owner”. Clients authorize HAPPY PAWS - PetCare to perform pet care services. Clients are responsible for regularly reviewing this contract.
1. ACCESS: Clients give permission that HAPPY PAWS - PetCare can enter the home, their property on which it sits, and other outbuildings that rest upon the land for pet-related services. HAPPY PAWS - PetCare requires owners give access with a lockbox code, garage code, door entry code, or hidden key location. Without valid entry access, we will not be held liable or responsible for any incomplete services and the client will be charged for the full visit and any related fees. HAPPY PAWS - PetCare requires all keys stay at owners property.
2. SECURITY SYSTEMS: If HAPPY PAWS - PetCare will need to arm or disarm a security system, the client will provide the codes for the device. We recommend setting up temporary codes or passwords for our use. HAPPY PAWS - PetCare is not responsible for any fines or other damages associated with the malfunction or unintended triggering of the security system when entering or leaving the premises.
3. COMMUNICATION: For all communication purposes, clients must be able to be reached either via text message or email. If client is unable to be reached, they will provide another contact to caregiver.
4. AVAILABLE HOURS: Response hours are Monday-Sunday from 6 A.M. to 10 P.M. During response hours, we will respond to calls and emails as soon as possible.
5. MINIMUM VISIT REQUIREMENTS: HAPPY PAWS - PetCare requires that dogs are visited at least twice per day (every 12 hours). For the health and safety of your pet(s), we recommend at least three times per day for puppies under 2 years old, crated dogs, and older dogs. Cats should be visited at least once every 24-hours, unless medical care is needed. HAPPY PAWS - PetCare is not liable for any damages that may occur due to the client requesting fewer appointments than we suggested.
6. MAKING RESERVATIONS: We offer services on a first come, first served basis. To submit service change requests, including cancellations or time changes, clients must text or email their pet caregiver directly. Reservations made within a 48 hour window will incur a $25 emergency service fee. Please allow up to 1 business day for HAPPY PAWS - PetCare to accept or decline service requests.
7. METHODS OF PAYMENT: All Services must be paid in full to confirm reservation. We do not accept deposits or partial payments of services. Rates are subject to change and prices are listed on our website.
8. PET ABANDONMENT: HAPPY PAWS - PetCare is not responsible for clients wanting to rehome their pet(s). We are not a rescue group. If the client abandons their pet(s) in our care, after 48 hours of no response or pickup, HAPPY PAWS - PetCare will report the client’s actions to the authorities, and will seize the pet(s) to animal control. The client will be liable for reimbursing HAPPY PAWS - PetCare for all expenses incurred including but not limited to, pet care, transportation, legal fees or court costs.
9. EXTENDING RESERVATIONS: Extending your reservation may be considered an emergency request. Unforeseen travel interruptions, flight delays, and emergencies may require access to the property again, but only for pet-related services. If there will be delays in returning home, clients must notify HAPPY PAWS - PetCare promptly. We will make reasonable efforts to extend services, but can not guarantee availability.
10. CANCELLATIONS: Clients must notify HAPPY PAWS - PetCare as soon as possible of the need to cancel services via text, email, or phone call. Cancellation fees may vary depending on the service reserved and how much notice was given. Services that are cancelled within 24 hours or after we arrive will be charged the full amount. NO EXCEPTIONS! Rescheduled appointments are subject to a $25 rescheduling fee.
11. VACCINATIONS: Pets must be vaccinated for the following diseases.
a. DOGS - Rabies and DHPP (Distemper, Hepatitis, ParaInfluenza, Parvo) Bordetella (if boarding).
b. CATS - Rabies, FVRCP (Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus, Panleukopenia) and Feline Leukemia.
12. MEDICATIONS: The client is responsible to provide HAPPY PAWS - PetCare with detailed instructions on how to give medications to the pet(s). HAPPY PAWS - PetCare will attempt to administer medications as prescribed. However, if the pet(s) refuse to cooperate or becomes violent, HAPPY PAWS - PetCare will not be held liable for the consequences resulting from missed medications, or incorrect instructions that may arise when caring for your pet(s).
13. EMERGENCY CARE: HAPPY PAWS - PetCare works hard to prevent accidents and injuries. However, these can occur regardless of how well the pet(s) are cared for. If pet(s) need emergency care or requires transportation for medication administration, the client authorizes HAPPY PAWS - PetCare to transport their pet(s) to the veterinarian listed. Should the preferred veterinarian not be available, we will transport the pet(s) to the nearest emergency clinic. HAPPY PAWS - PetCare is not responsible for the actions and decisions of the veterinary staff that result in injury or death.
14. COLLARS AND LEASHES: Clients must ensure that the pet(s) collars and harnesses fit properly. HAPPY PAWS - PetCare is not responsible or liable for poorly fitted, worn or damaged collars and harnesses. HAPPY PAWS - PetCare is not held liable for damages caused by pets pulling on the leash or other unruly behaviors. The client agrees to hold HAPPY PAWS - PetCare harmless for any malfunction of equipment or personal property owned by the client, such as leashes, collars, electric fences, or grooming supplies.
15. PERSONAL PROPERTY: HAPPY PAWS - PetCare will not be held accountable, liable, or responsible for damages to the home that are beyond our control. This includes, but not limited to, water damages, fallen trees, electrical problems, acts of nature, and if fencing or enclosures are damaged due to inclement weather or otherwise.
16. INCLEMENT WEATHER: For temperates exceeding 85 degrees or lower than 25 degrees, outdoor visit times will be adjusted to shorter periods of time to ensure your pet(s) safety. Your visit time will instead include more indoor enrichment activities to provide mental stimulation for your pet(s). Your visit time will be adjusted based on current weather conditions and your individual pet(s) exposure risks. Pets with preexisting health conditions, age-related risks, or breed specific characteristics that make them more susceptible to the elements will be further evaluated.
17. PICTURES AND ADVERTISING: During our visits, clients agree that HAPPY PAWS - PetCare can take pictures or videos and submit them to owner or post them on social media for our viewers. Clients grant HAPPY PAWS - PetCare a non-exclusive worldwide license to use, copy, and publicly display the photos and videos of your pet.
18. INJURY TO OR BY CLIENT PET(S): HAPPY PAWS - PetCare will not be held liable for any pet(s) that instigates fights with other animals or is injured by other animals while in our care. Clients are responsible for all medical expenses and damages that may arise due to their pet’s behavior. The client must reimburse HAPPY PAWS - PetCare for all medical care, legal fees, and court costs within 30 days of the incident.
19. NAIL TRIM SERVICE: Clients must have their pet(s) up to date on vaccinations prior to booking this service and certify this on their reservation request. Pet(s) with a history of aggression towards people will not be accepted for this service. In the event that a pet(s) becomes aggressive towards our provider or any members of the household, we reserve the right to terminate service and client’s will not receive a refund for the service booked.
20. GOVERNING LAW: This contract will be governed, construed and enforced under the laws of the State of Colorado. If HAPPY PAWS - PetCare files a lawsuit to enforce any aspect of this contract, the defendant acknowledges that the location of the case is in the county where HAPPY PAWS - PetCare has its main office. The client states that they have read this contract in its entirety and understands and accepts these terms.